Nuwber is a relatively new people search engine that combines public information with White Pages data and social network information and it’s ranking high in search results when trying to locate personal information for an individual. To remove your information from Nuwber, follow these quick and easy steps:
- Locate your information by typing your name in the search bar and clicking on the magnifying glass. If you have a common name, use an advanced search to narrow down your results.
- Determine which information is yours. (Apply this tutorial to each record that belongs to you.) Click on “View Full Result” and once you’ve confirmed this is your data, copy the URL for the next step.
NOTE: If you locate your information in an area shaded in green, then you need to remove your information from Instantcheckmate when you are done with your Nuwber removal(s).
Clicking on your name will provide your age, home address, a map, photo of your home and options to purchase more detailed information. No need to purchase anything – you know all the information about yourself already.
- Click “Remove from Directory” and then paste the URL from the previous step into the box and click “Submit.”
- You will be asked to confirm the information is yours and must provide an email address. You’ll also need to complete a verification test to prove you are not a robot. Then click “Remove.”
NOTE: You can only use an email address once when removing information from this site.
- Go to your email account and click on the confirmation link for the removal in the email from Nuwber. (The second link in the email) You will get an immediate confirmation of removal.
- You will receive a second email with confirmation of removal.
- Go back to the start of this tutorial to verify your information came off immediately as expected and to locate the URL’s for any remaining information belonging to you.
- If you still have additional URL’s with your information, you need to repeat the tutorial using a different email address or you can email Nuwber to remove the additional information. Be certain to paste each URL into the email.
NOTE: You may need to reach out to Nuwber several times because you will receive boilerplate responses telling you how to remove your information yourself but you won’t be able to do it yourself unless you use different email addresses. Following up on your removals is the key to success. Do not assume the information is gone until you verify it has been removed.
While opting out of Nuwber, you will encounter a suggestion to use OneRep’s paid removal service. I haven’t confirmed the relationship between Nuwber and OneRep, however I am wary of sites that provide invasive personal information and simultaneously offer to remove it for a fee. If you prefer to use a service rather than to do removals yourself, please evaluate the service carefully and understand exactly what you can expect and what removals are guaranteed before proceeding. If you need clarification on this, please reach out with questions or schedule a free phone consultation.
Stay tuned for directions for removing yourself from OneRep!
Until next time,… Stay Cyber Safe!