Recent cyberbullying-related suicides led to several powerful online discussions about effective ways to protect children and teens. (see one introduction below) We discussed ways to teach children to be respectful, responsible and compassionate and we shared ideas to reduce bullying. We debated parenting styles and teaching skills and we brainstormed about effective school policies. Surprisingly, few products or services came up but those that help kids stay safe may greatly reduce the anxiety of parents, guardians and educators and would be good to know about.
If you’ve used, know of or sell a good product or service to help keep children safe online and when they use technology, please share your information in a comment.
Products or services may be free or paid.
Products or services can include but are not limited to online monitoring, cell phone monitoring, virus protection, online gaming protection, apps, credit monitoring, Identity Theft protection, workshops, anti-bullying, reputation management and removal of inappropriate information, posts, photos or videos.
A few rules to follow before you share:
- Products or services should BE APPLICABLE TO CHILDREN (Okay if they apply to adults too)
- Please DISCLOSE your connection to the product (Transparency builds trust)
- Please give a BRIEF summary in your own words (If anyone wants more info, they’ll ask)
- Feel free to include ONE LINK MAXIMUM (If applicable, CommentLuv link, is a bonus)
- Please use a FULL URL (vs. a bitly or shortened link) if you include a link
- Please select and clearly note a CATEGORY for the product or service
- Please provide an approximate PRICE range, if possible (Specify FREE when there is no cost)
A post for products and services for users of any age, will follow. Thank you for helping to make the virtual world a safer place together.
Until next time,… Stay Cyber Safe!